Feb 13, 2012

A Birthday Party Right Up Our Alley

After leaving the soccer field Saturday morning, we headed over to Will's birthday party. Will's dad and Reagan work together. He had a Spiderman-themed party. And I think it's pretty clear how we feel about Spiderman at our house.

Photobucket

He had a Spiderman jumper. And even though it was freezing (literally), the kids jumped their hearts out. Well, until the wind blew it over on top of the fence. Then our jumping was pretty much over for the day.

Photobucket

Will's mom, Carla, made the birthday cake. She did a great job. I was about to ask her where she'd gotten it, and then she told someone she had made it. She said, "And it's that last one I'll make." Ha.

Photobucket

Before the cake was cut, we enjoyed hot dogs and chips.

Photobucket

You'll notice SM still had her eye black on. She wanted the other kids to see her "game face" I guess.

Photobucket

When it was cake time, SM was so well-behaved. She stood in line until it was her turn, no pushing or trying to get ahead of anyone. I was so proud of her. I know that her good manners are in part due to us trying to teach her, but I also know that some of it comes from the teaching she receives at school. We are so blessed to be able to have her in such a great school where she is not only taught academics, but Godly truth and good manners. Now, don't get me wrong, she's far from the blue-eyed, blond-haired angel she appears to be in photos. She is learning to have good manners, it's just a matter of whether she chooses to use them. Saturday, she chose to.

Photobucket

And here's the birthday boy enjoying his cake.

Photobucket

Right after cake and ice cream, Will opened his gifts. He was still on his first or second gift and a surprise visitor made his appearance - SPIDERMAN! Talk about a room full of awestruck children. And our girl was sitting in the chair right beside Will. I told Reagan she watched Spiderman like she was a teenager in love. She just didn't even know what to say. She just kept looking at him. I have a picture of her with him on my phone that I just didn't take the time to upload. But, I'm sure anyone who knows her well will believe me when I tell you she was happy to see him, and even happier to stand next to him for a picture.

After the party, we headed home for a nap. All of us. This momma was tired. Then, later we took her to her first movie at the theater. I'll post pictures of that coming up next.

post signature

No comments: