Feb 21, 2012

Bless her sweet heart

I've had a sick little girl the past few days.

Photobucket

Reagan was out of town Friday night with a few guys from our Sunday school class. I didn't sleep well, first of all, because he was gone, and also because during the night I heard Sara Madalin coughing quite a bit. I gave her a little medicine and she slept through the night. When she woke up Saturday, she seemed fine, other than a runny nose.

Saturday night she coughed a little more, so we gave her some medicine for coughing and runny nose on Sunday morning. Sunday afternoon, she played and visited with her papaw for a little while. Around 3:30 or so, after he left, she climbed up on the couch, laid down and went to sleep. That is something she has NEVER done. We just thought she was tired. I started waking her up around 5:00 so we could get ready for church. As I tried to wake her, I could feel that she was very warm. I took her temp and she had a fever above 102. We immediately gave her some Motrin, began an antibiotic (an extra refill we'd gotten from her doctor last Fall), and gave her a breathing treatment. Usually when she starts with the coughing, runny nose, and fever, it means she has either an ear infection or upper respiratory infection. So, we also gave her a breathing treatment, which is what she's doing in the picture above. She looks so pitiful.

She ran fever Sunday night, Monday, and Monday night. We also looked at her throat Monday night and it was pretty swollen inside. But, her antibiotic began to work Monday night and when we took her temp early this morning, her fever was gone. She hasn't had any Motrin since before going to bed last night. I think Reagan gave her some before leaving for work this morning just as a precaution. Her throat looks a little better and if her actions this morning and last night are any indication, she's feeling tons better than when that photo above was taken. She's gone from lying on the couch, to jumping on it. And from it. She's eaten a few things for me this morning, and asked for lots of juice and water, so that's always a good sign.

We've watched lots of Miss Spider's Sunny Patch Kids, played lots of Hi-Ho-Cheerio, and worked on several crafts and projects. I hate to see my sweet baby so sick, but we have enjoyed being together these past few days. However, she did ask me earlier this morning, "Can I go to school now?" So, I'm hoping the fever stays away and she can see her friends tomorrow.

post signature

No comments: