Feb 6, 2012

My Head Still Hurts

Remember how I used to post about our life every day? Yeah, me neither.

I'm exhausted and intended to go to bed about an hour ago. But I started editing a research paper, then I thought, I really need to do a blog post since I haven't done one in about a week. That used to really bother me - when I wouldn't have time to post much. Now, not so much. I'd rather have the sleep. But, I uploaded a few pics from tonight. I didn't even take time to edit them. I'm going to share them anyway.

We've had a great weekend. We invited friends over Sunday night to watch the Super Bowl. I have pictures of that and will post those soon. And Sara Madalin has had a great day. She's been very sweet and helpful to me and to her teacher all day. But, I thought I would give you a glimpse of what our evening was like earlier tonight. Here's just a little shot I took around 7:30 tonight.

Photobucket

That's rice. From a rice pack we keep in the freezer. But, as you can see, it's not in the freezer. It's in the hall outside Sara Madalin's bedroom.

It all started when we were getting her ready for bed. When we say it's time for bed, she tries to beat us into her room. Then, she "hides" from us under her quilt on her bed. Well, tonight, as she was getting out from under the quilt, she got tangled up and fell off the bed. The first thing to hit that concrete floor was her poor little head. Luckily her fall was broken somewhat by the quilt she was tangled in. She never even cried real tears. But I'm sure it hurt. So, we pulled out the rice pack. After I read her story, I asked if she wanted me to take the pack with me as I left her room. That's where I made my first mistake. I "asked." She said no and I told her to put it on her dresser when it lost its coolness.

Then I went and took a shower and Reagan stayed in the living room to make sure she went on to sleep. Just as I was getting out of the shower, he came in and told me I might want to stay in there for a few more minutes. I, of course, asked why. And that's when I first heard about the rice, which was by that time all over the floor. I got dressed and went into the hall to find him already cleaning it up.

Photobucket

We never did clear up how the rice pack made its way from SM's bed, to the floor. But as we cleaned it up - and she watched - she kept saying, "My head still hurts." To which I replied, "Baby, right now, Mommy and Daddy's heads hurt a little bit too."

Photobucket

As soon as the rice was swept up, I gave her kisses and told her to please go to sleep.

And she did.

The end.

post signature

1 comment:

yoooyoo said...

As much as it isn't funny to you, that last picture had me in tears. As a mom a of a 3 year old I can so relate. Thanks for sharing. Does it make you giggle now looking at that picture? She cracks me up!