Feb 9, 2012

Sara Madalin's Room

I'm trying to take one room a week and clean it out at the house. I looked at Sara Madalin's room this week and KNEW I needed to start in there. It was a disaster.

Photobucket

For some reason, when she plays in there, she feels that the more toys she has out in the middle of the floor, the better.

Photobucket

It was almost overwhelming to even begin in there. But, I just started on one side and worked my way through.

Photobucket

Photobucket

After 2 hours and 2 trash bags, I could finally see the floor again.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

I plan to somehow label those bins and start making her pick up her own toys. I'm just trying to decide whether or not I have the energy to begin that fight.

post signature

3 comments:

Their Mommy His Wife said...

This made me truly LOL because my 3 1/2 yr old's room is like your "before" picture, even after me getting in there last week and purging 2 trash bags worth of scrap paper and broken toys. I think I may have said once (or twice) NO more kids' meals! For an entire 30 minutes it stayed neat until she said she couldn't find some special toy and then the tornado came through there again.
I am seriously coveting those cute cubbies in SM's closet.
She has such a cute room!

Victoria said...

For our bins like that (fabric based) we got like iron on patches/letters and fabric glued them to the front turned out good and so far they are still on

Colleen said...

Oh my,this room looks too framiliar!!! My youngest is 9 and I have to admit,it gets worse as they get older!!! :)