Mar 16, 2012

Build-A-Bear

Thursday Sara Madalin and I met her friend Nori Grace (and her mom, my friend, Maegan) at the mall so they could visit Build-A-Bear. Sara Madalin and I had gone in there one day this week and I thought it would be fun for the girls to do. So, we made plans to meet them in the food court and then head over to the workshop. While we waited, Sara Madalin played some in the indoor play area of the food court.

Photobucket

(Before I share the details of our play date, I have to tell what she said to me on the way to meet them. She asked me what I wanted to be when I grow up. I told her I wanted to be her mommy. She said, "No, you have to be something else because I won't always be here." Talk about breaking her momma's heart. Then she said, "I'm going to be a doctor when I grow up. And you can be my nurse and give the shots." I said, "Ok. That's sounds like a great plan.")

Once we saw Nori Grace, SM was all about giving her love. I think Sara Madalin is a little more generous with the kisses and hugs than NG felt comfortable with. But, they held hands on the walk to the shop. Sara Madalin talked the whole way. It's so funny to see them together at this age. The first time we met them for a play date, I think Maegan and I spent more time chasing than we did enjoying and visiting. This time, she and I actually got to sit and visit with each other because the girls interact so well together. It's great that they are growing up and are friendly and sweet now. But it's a little sad that they are such big girls now.

Here's my big girl, just talking away.

Photobucket

Nori Grace picked out a kitty and SM picked out a doggie. SM stuffed her doggie first.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

After the animals were stuffed, the man helping us put their voice boxes in (the kitty meows, and the dog barks). Then, there was a heart ceremony before he inserted the animals' hearts. First, the girls shook the hearts to get them started.

Photobucket

Then, they touched the hearts to their head, so the animals would be smart.

Photobucket

Finally, the girls prayed for the hearts and their animals. So sweet.

Photobucket

Next, they scrubbed and cleaned their animals up.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Finally, they picked out outfits and named their animals. SM was going to name her doggie Madalin. But then, we found out that they had a Spiderman costume for the animals. So, now we have a stuffed doggie named Spiderman.

Photobucket

Nori Grace named her kitty Fifi.

Here is SM before leaving the store. She was proud of her little animal.

Photobucket

After this, we headed to the food court for lunch and to let the girls play some more. We had a great time with our friends and hope to see them again soon.

post signature

1 comment:

Carrie said...

I am so glad you posted this fun day, Malinda. I have been wanting to take Allie Claire to Build A Bear, but I wasn't sure how it would go...Looks like y'all had a blast!