Mar 18, 2012

Laughter is the best medicine

I am exhausted. Between Spring cleaning around the house, trying to keep up with a 3 1/2 year-old who only stops when she sleeps, and my age - I'm just not sure how much longer I can keep up. My friend Martha said I'm tired because I spend my energy doing foolish things like trying to catch a (nonexistent) leprechaun. I'm pretty certain my fatigue is from more than that. But anyway, I'm tired.

I had planned to have some friends over this past Friday night. And usually, when I invite people over to my house, I clean it for a week. I dust, sweep, mop, wax floors and clean every inch of my house inside and out. For the first time ever, I didn't do that. Well, at least not all of it. (Have I mentioned I'm tired?) I told them if any of them had told me they couldn't make it for any reason at all, I would have cancelled the evening. Luckily, they were able to make it. And I'm glad they did. Cause we had a great time.

Here's a picture of Jessa and SM. They enjoy each other. And I love seeing them together. They are both so funny.

Photobucket

We are so proud of Jessa. She recently auditioned for acceptance into Mississippi School of the Arts and received a letter Friday stating she was accepted. Her mom and dad are pretty proud too.

Our friends Martha and Dewayne also joined us. They were about an hour late, but they finally made it. They are hilarious. We played Phase 10 with them. I think we kept them out WAY past their bedtime, but they kept us laughing through the whole game. Here is SM with her "Granny." She was so excited to see Martha and Dewayne.

Photobucket

We had such a great time and I can't remember when I've laughed so much. I hope to have them over again soon. Laughter really is the best medicine.

post signature

1 comment:

The Glenn Gang said...

Ummm...."can't remember when I've laughed so much?"

I prefer those comments be ONLY about your visits with me...K?