May 14, 2012

Bread and Butter

When we began looking at making some changes in Sara Madalin's diet, one thing I thought I might like to do is make fresh bread for her (and us) to have to eat. Problem was, I'd never made bread in my life. I didn't even know where to start. So, I started by asking a few friends to pass along their bread recipes and advice. And Reagan began to research bread machines. Last Friday night, he and Sara Madalin gave me a bread machine for Mother's Day. 

Photobucket

Tonight Reagan and I made our first loaf of bread. It smelled so good while it was baking. The bread was from a mix (Krusteaz), but it was pretty good. Here's our first loaf of homemade bread. 

Photobucket

I can't wait to try some of the bread recipes my friends have passed on to me. If I get pretty good at this baking, I might even pass along some of the goods to my friends and family. (But if you know me well at all, you won't sit around and wait on that.)

post signature

2 comments:

The Glenn Gang said...

Reagan researched the bread maker? Well, that is a bit shocking. Seeing as how he typically just runs out and makes a purchase and all.

Carrie said...

Yummy! I could eat my weight in homemade bread. Good for y'all :)