May 12, 2012

Nana and Papa at Cracker Barrell

Sara Madalin let me sleep in a little this morning. She was sweet enough not to wake me until about 6:30, when she finally came into our room. I got up and fixed her a cup of milk in hopes that she would go back to sleep. She didn't. So, she and I got up and came into the living room so she could watch cartoons. I decided to lie on the couch where I may or may not have dozed off for a few minutes while she enjoyed the adventures of Little Bear and his friends. 

After Reagan finally decided to get up, we all got ready for our monthly trip to Sam's. We needed to get a few things for a little party we have coming up next weekend. There's not much our girl likes better than a trip to Sam's. Usually going there means she gets an Icee. When I told her today that she couldn't have one because of her new diet, she actually did fine. She didn't fuss or whine. She just said ok. But then she asked if she could get a new book instead. Personally, I think a new book instead of a drink full of artificial dyes and flavors that would surely have meant a rough weekend, that's a GREAT trade-off. 

After our Sam's trip we met two very special people at Cracker Barrell for lunch - Sara Madalin's Nana and Papa. She was very happy to see them. I think the fact that they bought her a goody bag full of Spiderman loot didn't hurt matters at all. 

Photobucket

They had come into the area to see family and so we made plans to see them for about an hour while they were near. They got lots of hugs and kisses from this girl while they were here. Before they left, I said to Nana, "Can you believe it was almost 4 years ago that we were all at the hospital with this little girl?" She said the same thing I keep saying, the time has just flown by. It really has. 

We are so thankful for this family and the precious little girl that we all love. 

post signature

No comments: