Aug 13, 2012

First Day of K4 2012

Monday was Sara Madalin's first day of K4, or Pre-Primer, as it is referred to at her school. All Summer this child has gotten up between 6:00 and 6:30 a.m., but when we needed her to get up, we had to go bribe her to get up. It didn't take much. Once we reminded her that she was going back to school, she was smiling and ready to get her bath. She loves going to school. I hope that lasts.

As is our tradition (of two years now), we took pictures before leaving for the first day of school. Here she is holding her sign announcing her grade and the date.

Photobucket

Can you tell by her smile that she was a little excited?

Photobucket

We also took a picture with her. First, she wanted her Daddy in the picture. She gave him very specific instructions as to where to place his hand as he helped her hold the sign. 

Photobucket

Photobucket

Then one of me and my girl. (I was dressed to exercise, so I asked Reagan to take a tighter shot.)

Photobucket

Reagan followed us in his truck until we were almost to school. Then he parked and rode the rest of the way with us. I rode in the back with SM. She held my hand the rest of the way to school. 

Photobucket

Last year, she wouldn't hold my hand on the way to school. She's become quite a mama's girl this summer though. Not that she wasn't already. I'm going to miss her every day, but having her in school will definitely free me up to do a few things I've neglected these past few months. 

One last picture before she said good-bye this morning. 

Photobucket

I had taped a note to her teacher to the front of her dress. She didn't like it, but I wanted to be sure her teacher received the note. 

The jumper (or shift, as the uniform company calls it) and shirt she's wearing are her dress uniform. She has to wear this every Monday. She doesn't really like it. When we were putting her in the car, she said, "Dis is heavy." Every other day she'll wear a knit, collared shirt with plaid skorts. She doesn't like the skorts either. She is such a diva.

I can't believe how big she looks and how different she is this year than last year when I dropped her off for K3. And certainly different when I picked her up. Last year, for the first several months, when I'd pick her up she was so exhausted that she would throw a fit almost every day. She was very pleasant today. Now, she was tired, and I could tell it. But she expressed it differently than last year. 

One thing that she's already learned is a song from her music teacher. She told me they got to see her twice on Monday. After we got home and she went to the bathroom, I heard her in there singing, "ah, ah, ah, ah - You did a great job! You did a great job!" to the tune of the BeeGees' "Stayin' Alive." Then she started laughing. 

I can't wait to see what else this school year holds. 

post signature

3 comments:

Courtney said...

She looks adorable in her first day of school uniform. I hope she has a wonderful year.

Penny said...

Too cute! Especially the holding hands picture. I'm going to have to remember that song when all my K's come next Monday. :)

Carrie said...

So sweet, Malinda! You are right, SM looks like a big girl! I got a little nervous reading this post, since AC will be starting preschool tomorrow. Coincidentally, I picked out a denim jumper for her to wear on the first day of school that looks a tad similar to SM's. Mercy, I hope she doesn't tell me it's too heavy. It's one thing when it's a school uniform, it's another when momma picks it out :) Whoops!