Sep 16, 2012

I Hope You Feel Better Soon

I have not felt well this weekend. I think I just have a sinus infection, but I've been achey, coughing, sneezing, and just felt blah. But, there's no rest for the weary, as they say. So, Saturday we cleaned around the outside of the house and then went out to run an errand or two. The last stop we made was the grocery store. I felt so bad that I just let Reagan and Sara Madalin go in while I sat in the car. Sara Madalin was really concerned that I didn't feel well. When we got home, I started picking up around the house, set out Sara Madalin's clothes for church, then went to the laundry room to start a load of clothes. (Because that's what sick moms do, we keep pushing. Ha.) While I was in the laundry room, Sara Madalin came running and handed me a piece of folded notebook paper and told me to open it. This is what I saw. 

Photobucket

She said, "I hope you feel better Mommy." 

Reagan said she had come to him, unprompted, and asked for a piece of paper. She then went and got one of her colored pencils and sat down. He heard her say, "Dear Mommy, I hope you feel better soon." They've been practicing writing the letters "A" and "B" at school, so she wrote the only letters she knew, and drew a smiley face. 

When I saw it and realized she had made me a "Get Well" card, I gave her a big hug and kiss and told her it was the sweetest thing she's ever done. Because it is. 

It didn't make up for the fact that she woke me up at 5:30 Sunday morning, but it was a very sweet and loving gesture. 

post signature

2 comments:

The White's said...

Sweet! I'm just glad to know that we are not the only parents up at the crack of dawn. What is it with our kids not wanting to sleep??? haha Cruz likes to watch "Olivia" on Disney Junior and everytime she sings that goodnight song it makes me think of Sara Madalin. :-) Hope you are feeling better soon.

Penny said...

That is beyond precious! Call me a kindergarten teacher, but I love the fact that she's connecting written words with spoken words~ so smart. Yay, SM~ way to go! :)