Oct 8, 2012

Celebration Lunch 2012

Once a year all the women's ministries in our church gather for a Celebration lunch. We have a guest speaker and each ministry organization has an opportunity to host and decorate a table. This was my first year to attend the lunch, and I also had the opportunity to oversee decorating one of the tables. On Monday mornings I attend a Bible study for moms of young children. It's called Rejoice. I helped to decorate a table in honor of all the sweet ladies that attend this study. Here are a few shots of our table.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Each place setting consisted of the following:

  • a wicker placemat
  • a gold charger
  • a Spode Woodland dinner plate
  • an orange cotton napkin
  • a white salad plate
  • a cup and saucer
  • a Waterford water glass
  • my flatware - I can't believe this, but I don't remember the pattern name. It's sterling with a bit of gold.
  • and, of course, a small pumpkin
Here are a couple close-up shots of some of the decorations on the table. 


Photobucket

Photobucket

I used mercury glass candle holders and tea light holders. I also used some rustic pumpkins and acorns from Pier 1 Imports and Hobby Lobby. I created the centerpiece after seeing some similar pieces online.  (It looks much better in person.)

Here are some of the ladies from the Bible study group that attended our luncheon. The ladies in black and green and white are two of our leaders.

Photobucket

I'm also a member of the committee that hosts a children's consignment sale twice a year at our church. The committee is called Little Feet Consignment. We had a table at the luncheon as well. Here are a few of the ladies on the committee.

Photobucket

And the next two pictures are of the cute decorations on their table.

Photobucket

Photobucket

The next photo is of women from the ESL Friend-to-Friend ministry that I get to be part of on Thursdays.

Photobucket

I also took a few pictures of the some of the other tables at the luncheon. I only got about half of them, but here are a few.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket



post signature

2 comments:

Megan said...

You did a BEAUTIFUL job decorating your table!!! Love it! We had something similar one year at my home church, and I absolutely loved it! It was so fun seeing all the different ideas for the tables! I may share this page with some of our Women's Ministry ladies to encourage doing it again! Thanks!

Maydelin said...

such a cute table decorations!!! I hope one day get that type of creativity