Jun 17, 2013

Blogging

I have really got to do a better job of blogging. But, to be honest with you, there are so many other ways I have found that I enjoy spending my time. One being sleeping. When I first started blogging, I'd do it after SM went to sleep at night. Now, by the time she goes to sleep - which is fairly early - around 7:30 or 8:00 each night, I just want to sit on the couch and watch TV for an hour, then go to bed.

But I really do hope to get more frequent with my posts. As in posting more than one time a week. I enjoy recording our days, and we all, including SM, enjoy going back and reading about our days. 

So, although I don't have any pictures for today, I suppose I can recap a few highlights. And tomorrow I'll try to share pictures from SM's week at cheer camp last week. 

She is attending several camps this week. Trust me when I tell you, it's for all of our sanity, not just her enjoyment. This week she is attending an art camp at her school. It's only an hour camp, 4 days this week, but she's also staying a little extra time to play with her friends who are there each day. She told me that today they painted a tee shirt to wear tomorrow because some of the paint they are using doesn't come out of their clothes. She also reported that she had not gotten any time out and that one of her friends had climbed into the garbage can. Sounds pretty exciting.

While she was at camp, I ran a few errands and went to the gym. I picked her up after lunch and we came home. She's had an ear infection and has been on an antibiotic. For those who read our blog and know us in real life, you know that we try to keep her free of artificial dyes and colors in diet. Well, liquid antibiotics for children normally have artificial flavors, as does the antibiotic she is on currently. Bless her. That baby cannot sit still to save her life. She's a busy girl as it is. But when she has man-made chemicals in her body, she loses all control. By the time she went to bed tonight, she and I were both exhausted. And she's only half-way through this round of antibiotic. Oh, and because the antibiotic is for an ear infection, she can't swim for a few days either. 

It's going to be a long week. 

post signature

No comments: