Jun 19, 2013

Cheer and Accent Camp 2013

Last week SM attended a cheer/dance camp at her school. It was for a couple hours every day. I'm not sure how much she actually participated during the camp, but she did do the routines during the program. I saw some pictures from the camp posted on her school website. Sara Madalin was in only one picture. I don't say that to mean that I can't believe they didn't take more pictures of my child. I say that because I wonder where she was and what she was doing. The other girls were practicing their routine and SM was sitting behind them, with her back to them. I don't know if she was taking a break, or if she had learned the routine and was ready to move on to something else. Who knows. 

Here she is with her group marching out to wait to do their routine. 

 photo IMG_5896_zps45930eea.jpg

I told my friends on Facebook when I posted this next picture that they'd already mastered the "I'm too cool for this" attitude. 

 photo IMG_5906_zps29be075b.jpg

Running out to do their routine.

 photo IMG_5908_zps02ec2fe7.jpg

This was after they did their high kicks. I was so busy videoing their dance routine I forgot until the last minute to take any photos. 

 photo IMG_5915_zps5f5c4552.jpg

After the performance with her friend Isabel.

 photo IMG_5927_zps7349841c.jpg

I would have taken more pictures of her with her friends, and her teachers, but it was right after the last picture above that she had a meltdown on me. She'd not had a snack and she was tired and hungry. It was just another of many times when I've had to remove her from a gathering screaming and whining. And believe me when I tell you, it's the highlight of my day when that happens. Only not really. 

This week she is going to art camp. There won't be an end-of-the-week program. I can't even begin to tell you how happy I am about that. 

post signature

1 comment:

Courtney said...

They all look so cute in their shirts. I can totally sympathize with the leaving with a crying/screaming child. My nephew sounds like SM and I know how hard it is sometimes when things don't always go their way and you end up leaving in a commotion.