Jun 25, 2013

More Snakes

Sometime last week a friend told me that there would be a snake presentation at a local library on Wednesday afternoon. She said I needed to take Sara Madalin to see the presentation. So, I picked her up Wednesday from the art camp she was attending during the mornings and we headed to see some snakes. We've never seen this particular presentation, so I wasn't sure what exactly to expect. Except snakes, of course. Sara Madalin thought the presentation would be like the one at her birthday party. It was not. And to say she was disappointed would be an understatement. 

The man giving the presentation, a herpetologist, showed several snakes and shared a great deal of information about them. Sara Madalin was excited to see the snakes. However, she was VERY disappointed when she realized she would not be touching any of those snakes. She made sure everyone within the walls of the library also knew how disappointed she was. I was able to calm her down, but only after much bribing and a few threats to not come back for the fun this week. How dare a man show snakes and not let children touch them?

Here are a few photos I took of the presentation with my phone. 

 photo A_zps498d9612.jpg

On another note, our friend, Johnny, has been very sick lately. Reagan has been spending a good deal of time with him. So, we've not seen Reagan much lately. There have been many nights in the past few weeks that Sara Madalin has been asleep before her Daddy gets home. She and I have had several summer activities to keep us busy, but we've missed having him around. I've really missed having his help with her in the evenings. This past Saturday we were able to spend a little time with him. He and Sara Madalin went to Wesson Saturday morning while I volunteered at SM's school. After lunch, before Reagan headed back to the hospital, he made time to see a movie with us. Sara Madalin got to choose the movie and she chose Monsters U, 3D. 

 photo B_zps8a9a098d.jpg

It was a pretty good movie. What I got to see and hear of it anyway. SM's idea of watching a movie is slightly different than mine and Reagan's. 

Sunday we went to church, came home for lunch and a short rest, then Reagan headed back to the hospital. 

Monday SM had an appointment in Hattiesburg. So, she and I got up bright and early and headed south. The last thing Reagan said to me before we left was, "Slow down and try not to get any tickets."

I'm not sure what he was referring to. Unless maybe the two speeding tickets I've had in the past year. 

But, whatever.

After a quick stop at McDonald's, we were off. 

 photo C_zps4c2266da.jpg

We made it to our appointment on time. Sara Madalin played with Legos, explained the difference between putting diesel and gasoline in a car, and put a puzzle together. It was Reagan's money well spent. Ha.

And I'm not kidding about the whole diesel/gasoline thing. When she started talking to the doctor about it, the doctor just looked at me as if to say, "Seriously?" I just smiled at her. I wanted to say, "Welcome to my life. You should ask her about snakes."

post signature

1 comment:

Amanda said...

This is the same man who comes to our library in the summer. He's supposed to be here in a few weeks!